Water Damage Restoration
When emergency strikes, seconds matter. Emergency water restoration is crucial to ensure you avoid any potential secondary damage to your property. So you must act quickly. Super Restoration is on call and ready to respond to any size emergency 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Simply dial 800-516-8059 for immediate assistance.
Initial Homeowner Actions
After securing your safety and requesting emergency restoration service, there are a few steps you can take to reduce the amount of damage to your home.
- First, remove as much water as you can. Use of buckets, draining and other non-electric means are preferred. If using electrical items, only use items designed for water extraction, such as wet/dry vacs and dehumidifiers. Do not plug any item into an outlet that has gotten wet. It is easy to forget safety precautions when stressed, so it is important to think twice before taking any steps that could present a danger to you or those you love.
- Next, raise any items in the area off the floor as much as possible. Place furniture on blocks. Again, it can be easy to forget safety precautions… make sure to get help lifting heavy items. Do not walk on structures (flooring, stairs) that may be weakened from prolonged water exposure. When in doubt, err on the side of caution. Super Restoration is able to restore almost any item to pre-event condition, but you are irreplaceable. It’s not worth the risk.
- Then remove the baseboard and drill quarter-sized holes on the unpainted areas. This allows air movement and begins to dry the walls. Exercise caution, making sure to use only dry outlets and plugs to avoid electric shock. A cordless drill would be best, if available.
- Finally, remove as many items as possible from the area. Concentrate first on moisture sensitive items such as computers, artwork, and expensive furniture. This reduces the risk of increased damage due to extended exposure. It also allows more room for restoration crews to work, and gives you access to your things while the area is being restored.
What to Expect From Your Restoration Company
Because seconds matter, Super Restoration will deploy a team of professionals to your home right away to survey the site. Using their years of experience and training combined with the latest technology and equipment, your dedicated response team will provide you a damage report, an accurate cost estimate, and a realistic schedule for completion.
As soon as you authorize your team to begin, they will begin restoring your home… so you can restore your life. Throughout the process, you will have 24/7 web access to your case file. All your important documents will be there, along with pictures and updates of the project. The entire process is entirely transparent. You are always up-to-date on your project status, and your response team is always available to answer any questions you may have.
Your Super Restoration team will secure the area and install safeguards to protect you and your family. They will inventory the contents and provide an itemized list in your web-based case file. Team members will use the most effective drying techniques for your situation.
If necessary, your Super Restoration team will safely lift carpet from your flooring. Their professional techniques ensure the carpet will not tear and seams will not break. Wet padding will be replaced and subfloors dried.
Your response team will also determine if water has seeped into the walls and insulation, putting you at risk for mold. All items on your inventory list will be evaluated for hidden moisture the naked eye may miss. Drying techniques and mold remediation will be instituted as needed. When your project is finished, you will receive a Certificate of Dryness. You will be confident that your home is dry and free from mold, odors, and future problems associated with this incident.
Why Super Restoration
Our team understands the nature of the emergency and will explain to you the best course of action for your property as well as the most cost effective approach. Being a licensed General Contractor and being well versed in the construction process allows our team to make the most beneficial and logical choice for mitigation for our clients.
Mitigating a property effectively is a science. Our team understands the technicalities that surround even the most elementary drying projects. Understanding industry guidelines such as the IICRC S500 allows our clients to expect consistency in service and processes, regardless of the magnitude of the loss.
Super Restoration has the state’s most extensive equipment inventory. With over 2,500 pieces of drying equipment at our disposal, no job is too big or too small. Our drying guarantee allows our clients to be confident that after our drying efforts they can assertively say their property is safe. Our Certificate of Dryness is issued at the completion of the project on every loss.
Drying Strategies Include:
- State of the art assessment tools
- Infrared Thermal Imaging
- Noninvasive Moisture Meters
- Emergency water extraction
- Portable Extraction
- Diesel Truck Mounted Extraction
- Measure moisture and record
- Paperless Field Notes
- Industry leading drying strategies
- 30 Years of Industry Experience
- Disinfection by destroying micro-organisms and potential bacteria
- EPA and Plant Based Disinfectants
- Odor neutralization