SUPER Restoration is proud to say that we are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. And that we respond to emergency calls after regular business hours just 10 minutes after the initial call. In fact, we consistently maintain a 99% success rate in returning calls quickly and efficiently.
You want to choose a company that is IICRC* Certified. This certification ensures you will receive quality work from properly trained technicians. You can verify certification at http://www.iicrc.org/locate-a-certified-professional/#north-america.
After any natural disaster, you need to be especially aware of potential scams. Never pay cash. Verify the authenticity of the company. You may want to visit their home office, talk to friends or neighbors about the company, or contact your local Chamber of Commerce to ensure you are working with a legitimate organization. Learn more about avoiding scams by clicking here for Consumer Information from the Federal Trade Commission.
Other qualities you want in your restoration company include:
- Accuracy: Your company should provide you an accurate estimate and timeline for your project. You won’t be happy if they estimate $1000 and one week, but it costs you $3000 and takes a month. The Super Restoration Guarantee ensures the price and scope of the project is agreed upon with your insurance carrier and restoration is expedited.
- Quality: Experiencing a loss is stressful enough the first time. The last thing you want is to hire someone who cuts corners and puts you at risk of going through the whole process again because of poor restoration quality. By choosing Super Restoration, you know all your work is performed with honesty, integrity, and quality craftsmanship. Your finished project is backed by a one year guarantee.
- Transparency: You need to know the status of your project every step of the way. You don’t want to be left guessing about what is happening in your home, and you want someone to answer if you have questions. With Super Restoration, you have web access to your updated client file 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In your file, you will see pictures of the progress and have access to all your important documents. And any time you have questions, your project coordinator is just an email or phone call away.
- Technology and Equipment. The latest developments in the restoration industry make it possible to restore items that would have not been possible a short time ago. If your restoration company does not have the latest equipment, you may have to replace valuables that would otherwise be restorable to pre-loss condition. Super Restoration has the latest technology available, and the area’s largest fleet of response vehicles and personnel. We are prepared for any size emergency, including multiple loss types in a single incident.
- Training and Experience. When choosing a restoration company, consider the firm’s level of training and experience. You want to know your response team is prepared. Ask how much training the technicians have and how many projects the company has overseen. Super Restoration technicians are continuously and thoroughly trained through Super University. Each one is proven and certified to be qualified to meet the rigorous standards you have for your restoration needs. Super Restoration now manages over 2000 losses annually and has been in business more than 30 years.
*Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification
Some of the reasons why homes, dwellings, and businesses experience water damage include (but are not limited to):
- Toilet overflows
- Water heater leaking or breaking
- Pipe bursts
- Floods, heavy rains, and storm damage
- Sprinkler breaks/busts
- Fire damage
Although the walls and ceilings may look dry after a water damage incident, water (in most cases) has entered behind the walls.
Using a moisture meter will determine if you have moisture is behind the walls. If you have moisture behind the walls, there is almost a guarantee that you will have mold in the future (often within 36 to 72 hours). Unknown wet insulation is also a great place for odors and mold growth.
Please don’t forget that water damages computers as well. Office equipment, paper files, furniture, artwork, and musical instruments all might look dry on the outside, but might contain unwanted moisture creating future permanent damage. Call us at 800-516-8059 to assist you in water damage clean up.
Unless you have moisture meters and know where to look for hidden moisture, you’ll be taking a chance of not finding mold growth. It is best to have a certified professional inspect for water damage to ensure thorough clean up. The longer water sits, the more damage is done and the more mold grows. The more damage and mold you have when you finally realize the problem, the bigger your bill and the longer cleanup will take.
- Extract as much water as possible.
- Remove furniture from the affected area or put furniture on blocks.
- Correctly take the carpet from floors. If done incorrectly (not using professional techniques), the carpet will rip as well as ruin carpet seams.
- Remove wet padding and dispose.
- Extract as much water from the sub floor as possible.
One of the many tools available to a professional water damage restoration company is the use of air drying. Using speed dryers, air movers, or other air drying equipment pushes the moisture off the affected material (carpet, furniture, walls, etc.) and disperses into the air. A commercial dehumidifier then catches it and removes it from the room.
Super Restoration uses both air movers and dehumidifiers to correctly dry water damaged areas. Dial 800-516-8059 anytime day or night so we can assist you in water damage clean up, water extraction, and drying.
Dehumidification is the process of removing moisture from the air and away from the areas that you want dry. This process helps speed the drying of walls and other affected materials after storms and flooding, decreasing the opportunity for mold to grow.
All insurance companies pay for Super Restoration services. As a homeowner or business owner, you have the right to use any company you choose to mitigate the water damage (i.e. extract water, lift carpet, remove padding, remove the wall base, and place air movers and dehumidifiers).
Because of the many complex issues involved in each individual water damage case, it is impossible to provide this information without a thorough evaluation. We recommend calling our office at 800-516-8059 to get free assistance from our knowledgeable office staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If you choose, they can then schedule your free visit, where trained technicians will evaluate the damage and provide you a no-obligation estimate and timeline for project completion.
Water damage is the leading cause of mold growth. Mold, like other bacteria, animal or plant life, needs water to grow. Remove the moisture and water, and then you have stopped the mold from growing (not eliminating the mold, just its continual growth).
It takes 3 main ways for mold to develop:
- Food source (drywall, carpet, organic dust)
- Warm temperatures
SUPER Restoration can assist you with water damage clean up and mold remediation removal services. Please call us, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 800-516-8059.
In many cases, after a storm many restoration companies book up quickly. So you want to call a qualified water damage restoration specialist as soon as possible. Call Super Restoration at 800-516-8059 for immediate assistance with your water damage clean up.
Meanwhile, here are some tips on what to do while you are waiting:
- Remove as much water as possible.
- Get all the items in the affected areas onto wood blocks of the flooring.
- Carefully remove the baseboard from your home (wall base for office) and drill large quarter sized holes on the unpainted areas. This will allow air movement to start drying the walls.
- Remove any moisture sensitive items (computers, very expensive furniture, artwork, etc.) to areas not affected by the water damage