Chances are that you have encountered mold at one point in your life. From a leaky bathroom faucet to an old loaf of bread, mold can grow in many places. Unfortunately, allergies related to mold exposure are a serious problem for many people. It is estimated that 10% of Americans are allergic to mold.
Symptoms of a mold allergy include dizziness, nose bleeds, nausea, difficulty breathing and skin rashes. In serious cases of overexposure, mold can even cause death. If you suspect that you are allergic to mold, check with your doctor for a mold allergy skin test.
The first step in treating a mold allergy is eliminating exposure. If that is not possible, your doctor might recommend antihistamine medications or a series of allergy shots to help reduce symptoms.
Unfortunately, detecting mold in your home can be difficult. Mold can grow year-round in many types of environments. When mold grows in a visible location, it is apparent to the naked eye in the form of brown or black spots. However, it can also grow in places that you are unlikely to see, such as closets, refrigerator door gaskets, air conditioner units and carpets.
If you suspect that your home is harboring dangerous mold allergens, it’s time to call in the professionals. A water, mold and fire restoration company can assess the extent of the damage in your home and repair any damage that has been done. After a professional restoration company has completed the task, you can rest assured that your home is mold-free.
The cost of professional water, mold and fire restoration varies depending on the extent of the job. Be sure to check your homeowner’s insurance to see if the work is covered under you policy.
Once the experts have cleared your home of mold, be sure to keep up regular maintenance to ensure a mold outbreak does not occur again. Keep an eye out for leaks, and inspect windows and doors regularly to ensure that unwanted moisture cannot enter your home.
Call us today for a free consultation 800-516-8059 or by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In your service,
1 800 516 8059